Website Aleo Canada
We provide a full range of engineering services
Machine Learning & Cloud Designer Summer Intern
As a Machine Learning (ML) and cloud designer, you will contribute to the implementation and development of ML models applied towards the discovery of novel solutions for performance improvements using an immense amount of data as well as cloud software solutions.
This Program aims to be a state-of-the-art program for ML research and cloud solution, designed to provide you with an experience in an agile startup environment.
- Be the main player: design, prototype and implement new machine learning algorithms and cloud tech
- Having the can-do attitude: work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine problems.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
SKILLSETS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate or Graduate student (Masters or higher) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, electrical engineering, informatics, economics, finance, etc.)
- Proficiency in Python (C++ is an asset)
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets as well as cloud techno
- Experience with various deep learning techniques and libraries (tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English (French is an asset)
- Experience with graph representation learning and reinforcement learning.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem
- 2 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related fields (e.g., work experience as a statistician/data scientist)
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Julia, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL) , Cloud container (Kubernetes
- Relevant work experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging/writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to an open source project